Tel/Fax 01304 824904

KCC Social Services

We often receive enquiries from people with an elderly relative who is either still in their own home, possibly with a care package, or in hospital. Very often Social Services are already working with the elderly person and/or their representatives. The Social Services representative is usually called a Care Manager. Care Managers work in the community, supporting people at home and are also based in hospitals where they assess and support patients. Where a Care Manager is involved, it is important that they are contacted and included in any decision making process regarding the type of care most appropriate for the individual concerned. They can provide important information, especially for those people who may require short/long term funding from the local authority (Kent County Council). If your relative is currently in hospital and you wish to speak to a Care Manager, telephone the hospital direct and ask for the Care Management Department. To speak to a community Care Manager telephone KCC Social Services on 08458 247205 and ask for Adult Services for the Dover area or which ever area the elderly person lives in. Alternatively, click on the link below to visit the KCC Adult Social Services website.

KCC Adult Social Services

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Effective 1st October 2010 the CQC, the independent regulator of health and social care in England, has taken over responsibility for monitoring the standard of care provided by any organisation, whether NHS, local authority, private or other. For further information and to read the most recent inspection report on Alandale, or any other care organisation, please click the link below to visit the CQC website.

Care Quality Commission